Tuesday, November 22, 2011

THAT MORNING AT WORK

Just another day I get to work around 8am settling in getting my coffee sayin whats up to my co- workers sitting at my desk checkin emails shifting thru some paper work when I hear a loud sound, what the  fuck was that- I see smoke everywhere the building shaken glass breaking I'm not sure what happened but panic's elevating I start looking around for my co workers but they cant be found/ I'm buggin I'm seein co workers down dead there bodies burned arms, legs, body parts everywhere Jesus whats goin on this cant be real, I'm ill but a survivors mentality overcomes me I gotta get the hell outta here so I proceed to go down but I cant get to the door I'm trapped I'm panicking- can only turn to God Lord I need help right now I know you hear my prayers/ I search for another route to go the elevator broken hope is fading but I keep tryin keep focused I see a rear door with stairs its clear I run over seein more co workers who didn't make it I'm cryin there dying my goals surviving I head down it's long ways to go 73 stories but I'm determined to exit, I'm bleeding I'm in shock  weeping but I'm seein others going down tryin to leave- we're all lost as to what happened when we hear another enormous crashing sound our buildings shaken- DAMN whats happened now- this is getting worse by the minute I'm thinking about my life- I'm not ready to see the heavens/
 
We making progress  getting out the building but its tiring not moving fast enough still we got a ways to go- I'm thinkin about my family my life- have I lived right- done right by others? I hope I've made my parents proud, I'm hearing screams everyone in the  building crying we just wanna get out- MOVE! MOVE! MOVE! we keep heading down- I'm hurting my body's aching but I cant stop now/ I hear a horrible  rumbling- OH SHIT  whats happening  our building shaking a feeling I never felt before- HURRY HURRY we gotta get the fuck out of here ASAP, I pray that Gods watching over me I'm scared shaking  praying I make it out alive- my minds goin nuts clueless whats goin on around me its hellish in here- a horrible horrible sight I've got to escape that/ finally I reach the lobby but it looks like a war zone where do I go oh my God Lord show me the route to get out- I'm crying losing it  I'm tryin hold it together just wanting to leave, I'm looking for a way out finally climbing the stairs seeing an exit getting outside- oh my God whats happened I'm at a loss for words with what I'm seein/ just then I hear a loud rumbling I'm running my ass off  not lookin back to seein whats going on- my life's at steak I've got to get outta  here, I swear If I survive this I promise to be a better man this fear is rising still trying survive it- the fuckin buildings collapsing I'm gasping for air in total shock- rocks, debris everything flying out everywhere I cant even hide the tears/ I'm alive  but seen so many deaths- co workers, people I've never met its body parts everywhere- shit  its a scene you cant even imagine in a movie, to me this isn't real I'm not here this is all a dream just let these images leave- peace I need- I'm lost.. WHAT HAPPENED?  its New York- Manhattan September 11Th 2001 truly/ the worst day of my life- wondering why I survived I'm alive while so many others aren't- the sights  and images the sounds of that day will never leave my mind, I cry often asking why but thankful for life a 2nd chance to make a difference- Lord thank you for your watch care helping me to get out its so many thoughts surving that day that breeds inspiration for this poem I'm writing/
  
I WROTE THIS TO GIVE YOU INSIGHT INTO WHAT  MANY PEOPLE IN THE WTC THOUGHT AND WITNESSED  ON 9/11  THIS SHOULD BE  SOMETHIN TO THINK ABOUT AS YOU LIVE YOUR DAILY LIFE..

NEVER FORGET!!

No comments:

Post a Comment