Tuesday, November 22, 2011

LET ME EXPLAIN THIS- MY LOVE

Everyone always asks me " why do you love the Braves so much? .. where do I begin? My dad took me to my first game when I was 7 years old in 1990. And I know no one will believe me but back then I didnt really like the Braves too much. But the more I started going to the games and watching them on tv  they grew on me. This was about the time that the Braves were getting on a roll and winning.. I grew up as a kid going to Atlanta Fulton Country Stadium with my dad watchin the Braves play. I remember the night they won the world series in 1995. SWEET TIMES!  My dad and I would go down to Florda and meet players and get autographs and he would take me to Braves luncheons and I would get to meet the players- over the years  I have met just about every Braves player you can think of with a few exceptions..

When you go to as many games as I do you develop a bond with the team. A love for the team. Im 27 now I started going when I was 7.  Thats 20 Years of my life. I have spent birthdays at Braves games. Ive had special moments with my dad there, special moments celebrating memorable moments in Braves history. Every game I go to is a memory. you multiple 10-20 games a year times 20 years and you have many many memories  I have shared with the braves.I have kept every single ticket stub from every game since 1994. I remember my teenage years goin to games with my dad- over the years he doesnt go as much  I do- I mostly go by myself now but each year my love for the Braves grows deeper. I want to win so bad. I love goin to the game. bein at the stadium, meeting the players, watching my team win and having a good time. its never fun when we lose. In 2004 I was at a game and then it just hit me " I love this/ Iam in love with this team." I  told myself from here on out I will be the best possible braves fan I can be and 7 yeas later im still goin strong. I was a fan before then but from that moment it just went to another level.
Iam a die hard Braves fan. I have so much love for them. Iam in love with them. they do let me down and dissappointment but Im always there for them and the happiness they bring my life  hasnt been matched with anything else I have come across. some people are passionate about music, art, history, movies, etc one of my 2 major passions is the Atlanta Braves.. I always feel like a little kid anytime Im around the players and get a chance to meet or take a picture with the,. I just wanna tell them how much I love them and how bad I want to win. In my heart of hearts I truly believe I want to win more then the players do. I look forward to every game I go to and I sit baxk and realize how lucky I am to have met the players I met, go to the games Ive gone to, witness the specials moments Ive witnessed and developed this special connection, this love I have for them I will always love them- thu the tough losses and dissappointments Iam always there every year. Atlanta is a weak sports town but Iam an elite fan- Iam forever thankful for the happiness the Braves give my life and for the memories of being a kid goin to the ballpak with my dad and 20 years later making memories by myself at the stadium- its priceless in my heart and for that reason I love the Atlanta Braves!!
 I WANTED TO LIST THE SPECIAL MOMENTS I HAVE SHARED WITH THE ATLANTA BRAVES ( GAMES I ATTENDED IN PERSON )
-1993 HOME OPENER
-1996 LAST REGULAR SEASON GAME @ ATL FULTON CO. STADIUM
-1996 GAME 3 OF WORLD SERIES VS NEW YORK  YANKEES
-1997 HOME OPENER- FIRST GAME EVER AT TURNER FIELD
-2001 SEPTEMBER 11TH 2001 I HAD TICKETS FOR THE GAME THAT NIGHT
-2004 HOME OPENER
-2004- RANDY JOHNSON PERFECT GAME VS BRAVES
2004- GAME VS FLA WHEN THE BRAVES WON THE DIVISON #13 IN A ROW
-2004  PLAYOFFS GAMES 1,2 AND 5 VS HOUSTON ASTROS
-2005 HOME OPENER
-2005 BRIAN MCCANNS MLB DEBUT VS OAKLAND 
-2005- GAME VS COLORADO  WHEN THE BRAVES WON DIVISON #14 IN A ROW
2005- PLAYOFF GAMES 1 AND 2  - GAME #2 WAS HIGHLIGHTED BY MCCANNS HOME RUN OFF ROGER CLEMENS
-2006 HOME OPENER
-2007 HOME OPENER
-2007 GAME VS NY METS WHERE JOHN SMOLTZ WON HIS 200TH CAREER  GAME
-2007 GAME WHERE BRAVES INDUCTED DAVID JUSTICE IN BRAVES  HOF
-2008 HOME OPENER
-2008 GAME VS WASHINGTON  WHERE JOHN SMOLTZ RECORDED HIS 3,000 CAREER STRIKE OUT
-2008 GAME VS CHI. CUBS WHERE THE BRAVES HONORED THE LATE GREAT ANNOUNCER SKIP CAREY
-2010 GAME WHERE BILLY  WAGNER RECORDED HIS #400 CAREER SAVE
-2010 GAME WHERE THE BRAVES RETIRED TOM GLAVINES NUMBER & PUT HIM IN BRAVES HOF
-2010 OCT 2ND. GAME WHERE THE BRAVES HONORED MANAGER BOBBY COX WITH A SPECIAL PREGAME CEREMONY
-2010  OCTOBER 10TH-.GAME 3 OF PLAYOFFS VS GIANTS- ERIC HINSKES HOME RUN I WILL  REMEMBER THIS MOMENT FOREVER. I WAS GOIN NUTS. TURNER FIELD WAS JAMMIN...
-2010 OCTOBER 11TH. BRAVES LOSE TO GIANTS , GET ELIMINATED FROM PLAYOFFS AND BOBBY COX RETIRES. IT WAS SAD TO SEE BOBBY WAVING GOODBYE.
-2011 HOME OPENER
 MANY MORE SPECIAL MEMORIES TO COME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment